Ok, I took a few days off from working out. I did really well all last week, even went right after work on wednesday to swim, went out walking with weights on thursday pre triptophan (sp?) induced coma, and even went to swim and lift and what not on friday. Saturday, I did not do so well. Apparently it was prudent for someone to steal my gym bag from out of my car after my work out on friday, all while stealing nothing else. When I went to work out before Sword fighting on saturday I found my bag gone and figured that sword was a work out anyway. Sunday I did nothing productive but go to Geek Show movie night, as a bit of a cold has decided to come settle in my body. I missed monday because I did not feel well and having not created another gym bag I did not have much to use. Tuesday, late I decided that I had taken too many days off and did some weights at home but little else.
So last night I went to the gym to finally see if my bag had been turned in and it hadn't but I did not let that stop me from swimming a full 45 minutes just doing laps in the steiner pool.
It occured to me last night that I have been going about the working out thing all the wrong way,. You see, Steiner is on the way home from work, and as such if I walked or took the train down that way I could work out before going home and have it all done by 5 or 6 at the latest if I worked out hard. Then I could go home and relax and not feel bad about skipping my work out for a day. So, today instead of my normal backpack with my laptop and what not in it I have my gym bag. We will see today how this works but I do have my hopes high that I can make this work.
Overall progress:
it has now been 3 weeks of working out, in that time I have missed 7 days of working out total in that time. wich gives me 16 days of working out or about 2 days off a week. As far as weight goes, I have not really budged, I think I have dropped 1 or 2 pounds in that time but given that I have not really changed my diet yet, at least I have not gained.
I am excited to think that if I can control my cravings I will be in much better shape by the summer, and know that I have already gained muscule mass and am doing better as I can now run and workout harder than I could when I started. I have noticed a diffrence in Sword Fighting in my endurance even if no one else has, so I am feeling pretty good about this.
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment