Friday, December 4, 2009

True Health-Care

So far this week I have been doing ok for not feeling so good. I am pretty sure the seasonal flu is nibbling at my nose but that has not stopped me from working out completely. Yesterday I was better at my food choices at work and by the time I left work I was at 500 calories. After leaving the gym, as near as I can tell I was in a deficit for the day of 100 calories. Even after eating a turkey dinner I am sure I was well under the 3000 I was shooting for as a high on my caloric intake. Needless to say I am feeling pretty good about things.
My step mom said something the other day that really sank in this morning, Healthcare as we know it is only treating the symptoms not the causes. Ironically it seems, as Americans we want to eat whatever we want, never exercise, then expect to be in great health. Nothing makes me laugh more than seeing the infomericals as I am getting ready for work that are talking about ways to loose weight the quick and easy way. Followed by somebody in another commercial complaining about hauling out their full size vacuum and how they work up a sweat doing it. The funny thing is that the infomercials give one the impression that loosing weigh should be easy and not take any hard work. If you do not fix bad habits, how is it supposed to be lasting? and that does not just go for weight loss but anything worth having and keeping.
GRUMBLE

No comments:

Post a Comment